Escape rooms

                                                        

                                                          Escape room trip

Escape rooms are physical immersive puzzle adventure games where groups attempt to find clues and solve a series of puzzles to escape the room. People participating must use their wits and problem-solving skills to solve a series of puzzles to complete missions or find a way to escape during a limited amount of time. These games are typically designed to be immersive and engaging experiences that challenge participants to think critically while working as a team. 

For our Great Yarmouth escape room trip, we were divided into two groups to try one of the two escape rooms. This was my first time ever trying out an escape room myself but before this trip, I already had a little bit of knowledge about escape rooms after doing some research and watching Escape room YouTube videos. And after doing the escape room, I really enjoyed it and made me a lot more interest in escape rooms and I would be very interested to do another one of these experiences. There were two escape rooms to choose from, a horror themed room and a wizard/harry Potter themed room, which is the room I was the most interested in. Before we entered the wizard escape room, we got the chance to watch the first group complete the horror escape room in the control room through the security cameras. 

The horror room was split into a few smaller rooms and the group had to uncover a mystery and summon a demon to be able to escape. I was very invested in seeing the control room and how the different mechanics for the room worked to make it a more challenging experience. The group was given a tablet that would pop up with messages sent from the computer in the control room to give them hints and clues to help them solve the puzzles if they needed help, however the hints would never give away the answer but give them minor details to solve the puzzles and progress further in the room. For the wizard room, my group watched a video to set the theme and tone of the escape room and explains what our mission was. We were also given wands that we needed to use to summon hints and clues for when we needed a bit of help but during the escape room, I wanted to be given the least amount of points as possible as I wanted to try and solve the problems without a lot of hints so its more of a challenge and so we get the full experience. I really liked the looked and feel of this escape room as the whole design of the room and the music which was used was very well done and I am a fan of Harry Potter so the room definitely gave me those vibes. I thought that the puzzles were done well and definitely gave us a challenge as there were times during the escape room where the clues weren't straight forward so it took us a bit of time to figure out what to do which I think is what should happen during an escape room so it gives people a bit of challenge and isn't easy and straightforward so I think it definitely succeeds at giving a challenging but also a fun time to people who be interested in a certain activity like this. Taking part in these escape rooms also gave me some ideas with what my videogame project could be like, also revolving around an escape room. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 1 Assignment 2 - Business plan and Legislation

Level 4 Games careers plan and map

Board Game analyses and enhancement