Unreal Engine 5
For this project, we worked in a small group to design and recreate the classroom in Unreal Engine 5 using the different tools to make a classroom very reminiscent to this one. We made the classroom with the same scale of the room along with the same scales for all the other features for the room such as the door, windows, desks and PCs. Emilia did a lot of work when designing the classroom in Unreal and adding the details inside when I was helping with measuring around the classroom and also finding the right textures and meshes to match the classroom. This was a good experience as it helped me get back into the gist with using Unreal and developing these projects. Before we started making the model of the classroom, we measured the whole room to see how big the scale would need to be in Unreal. The measurements for the tables were 610 with a width of 160. We then measured the cupboard which has a length of 130, a depth of 80 and a height of 210. We also measured the Monitors which are 53 by 32 and the computers are 47 by 43 by 20.
Before starting developing the actual project in Unreal Engine 5, I spent a
the room look more identical. This texture was another one I found on Ambient as I thought the color really stood out, just like in the classroom, and it really brings the room together. After that, Emilia then started adding the first couple of windows . To add a it more extra detail to the windows, Emilia used spotlights to create the LED lights behind the windows which lit up the room bright green to light up the room more once the roof was added.
bit of time relearning some of the basic tools and watching some tutorials online as it has been some time since I last used Unreal so I needed a bit of a recap. This was also the first time me using Unreal Engine 5 as before I have been using Unreal 4. I started making the basics of the classroom like tables inside before I add more detail such as windows, doors etc.
This was the first stage of the classroom development process. After creating the box, Emilia started adding the tables inside and made sure they had enough space between them just like how they are in the classroom. He then also started placing PC's using cubes with the shape tool. We also added the cupboard in the same area where it is in the classroom, at the front of the class next to the door.
I have been helping with finding different textures to use for items in the classroom such as Chairs,flooring,walls.ect, using AmbientCG. For example, I used a wood texture from AmbientCG for the tables as I though it looked extremely similar to the color of the tables in the classroom. I also found textures to use for the carpet, window blinds and PC's. These textures made the room look very identical to the actual classroom as all the textures were very similar. The texture for the walls was added which is a pale white but looks more yellow when the lighting is brighter, making it look more vibrant. Emilia also added more detail to the walls and window frame placeholders for where the windows would go. One of the challenges we had to face while working on the classroom was when Unreal crashed a couple of times which caused us to lose some progress on the classroom including the Pcs and detail to the walls which Emilia added, but then we were able to get back to the point where we were at.

Comments
Post a Comment